33Across Acquires Social Publishing Giant Tynt
33Across Now Operates the Largest Social and Interest Graph in the World
NEW YORK, NY, January 25, 2012
- 33Across today announced that it has acquired Tynt Multimedia, which provides publisher tools that analyze user intent and interest data for over 500,000 websites.
- 33Across now has the largest social and interest graph in the world, reaching over 1.25 billion users, versus Google’s 1 billion and Facebook’s 800 million users.
- 500,000 publishers can now use the 33Across Brand Graph™ to make their Tynt data actionable and drive their bottom line. The Brand Graph successfully predicts large sets of new users by interpreting social habits and attributes across all major industry categories.
- 33Across acquired all of Tynt’s assets including technology, patents and filings, analytics, and toolsets. All of Tynt’s employees, including its senior leadership, will be joining 33Across.
- This acquisition is a natural extension of 33Across’s social technology business, recognizing that “big data” is crucial for marketers and publishers alike. Publishers can benefit from the 33Across Brand Graph in the same way that marketers have valued it as a vital interpreter across the social web.
- Currently, Tynt gives publishers social sharing tools that enable them to leverage copy/paste activity on their websites to improve SEM, increase traffic and engagement, and learn more about their audience. As “social” continues to transform our world, publishers must go further to create actionable value from the “big data” graph that surrounds their brands.
- As a result of the acquisition, Tynt’s 500,000 publishers will now be able to use the Brand Graph to gain more intelligence and decode the social activity, interests, and loyalty around their brands. We expect publishers to reap gains in both user growth and advertising revenue.
- “The objects we read, watch, recommend, and purchase are being accelerated through personal networks via explicit and implicit social influence. As a result, the world of marketing and publishing is forever transformed,” said Eric Wheeler, chief executive officer of 33Across. “This acquisition is about the technology, tools, and real-time predictive systems that enable the biggest publishing and marketing brands in the world to connect their content and products into the social graph.”
- “Copy/paste is still the largest form of social sharing on the web,” said David Mandelbrot, chief executive officer of Tynt. “Since 2008, Tynt has provided many of the world’s top publishers with powerful tools to generate value and recognition for the content their users share. Joining 33Across is a natural next-step that will help our publisher partners turn the insights we provide into action.”
- "What excites me are the enchanting opportunities this newly combined company will offer publishers,” stated Guy Kawasaki, former chief evangelist of Apple and Tynt investor. “Publishers need to revamp their marketing, and leveraging the power of their social connections is a huge step in that direction.”
Resources and Links
About 33Across Inc.
33Across, the leading social graph, uses proprietary technology to build a unique Brand Graph for each of its 350+ customers, including VISA, British Airways, and Jones New York. Each Brand Graph plots the anonymous social engagement, influence, and interests of a brand's customers against 33Across's enormous 200+ million U.S.-user social graph. 33Across enables advertisers to understand and reach these new audiences revealed within their Brand Graph for both brand and direct response initiatives. The company has offices in New York, San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, and Washington DC. Learn more at 33across.com.
About Tynt Multimedia
Tynt, the world’s leading publisher toolset, accurately predicts interest-driven user behavior on the Web for its vast network of premium partners. Tynt sees three out of every four of the world’s unique Internet users, and captures their interests and social interactions in what represents the “Interest Graph.” This data provides highly precise measurements of consumer intent and equips publishers with the tools they need to react quickly to new opportunities. Tynt has revolutionized online customization and enabled publisher brands to deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right time. Tynt is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in New York, Calgary, and Salt Lake City. Read more at tynt.com.
Reidy Communications for 33Across